Skip to main content

Days 1

I would like to start using the one thing that has recently struck an issue in my life, that is, eating. Why?
As of this writing I feel like I am obese. It's not so easy to lose weight nowadays as well, and given that I'm already nearing the age where my metabolism just starts being slower and slower, I think I am in a rut and my relatives, friends and random people in the street keeps on reminding me, annoying as that could be as you could imagine. Now, I can just go on about this being a result of my depression mode that happened more than a year ago and my bad food decisions or even my not having a care in the world anymore because it really is frustrating to be still single these times even though in your mind you did try your best to lose weight and stay fit for almost 30 years of my life, and really people should just mind their own business, I could go on about that but then this wouldnt be called a happy day now would it?

Why am I so happy about eating anyway? well, because I can. I am lucky to have a mom who can cook well. Granted, I could not cook myself, she is a blessing. I felt that my five years away from home has made me appreciate what I really have here at home. I think no fast food or any kind of food porn would ever compare to that way my mom cooks. I am happy about that. We may not afford most things in life but then when it comes to different kinds of food I have tried them all, and if it was cooked by my mom then it is good. I am happy about this because it tells me that I still have a mom, and she still has the strength to cook for us. There are no problems yet on anyone's health because she can cook without having to follow specific instructions from the doctor like steam foods and no cooking oil use or outright just eat oatmeal. Given that my mother has a heart problem since she was a child, I am happy about that, and I consider it a blessing.

I also know that these things wouldnt last forever. Sooner or later I might have to just be forced to move again, or my mom would be too old or sick or worse, no longer here, like my dad. That is why aside from good health, wealth, spritual life, I am also praying that I can have the chance to be able to eat my mother's cooking as much as I can. I also feel it a waste to let good food go. The way I see it, with my father  gone and all, the most time I can have with my mom is about ten years more or so, and just like the moments with her, I would also try to enjoy the food she makes at that time. Call it a childish wish but then again, you couldnt really get another mom. 

Judging by my abilities, I think that if left alone i would be able to survive without my mom. But then it would really suck and it wouldnt be just as what she does. I mean, I can cook for myself but not enough to serve it to anyone and be confident enough to tell them to enjoy. Granted, I can prepare food enough for them to survive and not starve. I guess I will have to figure that out in the future.  But the way things are, if I would remain single in the last days of my life I would just be lazy enough to straight out declare myself a vegetarian. That being said, I want to tell myself that there was a time that I was able to survive on nothing but salads and fruit shakes, and I can repeat it over and over. But at this point I dont find it worth doing, 

Whatever that means, I just feel so lucky that I dont have to go to an expensive restaurant to eat good food, and I dont have to feel miserable on being only able to eat fast food because of my salary. I thank God everyday for having a mom like that. And what I want to say is, I have been tempted more than enough times to just declare myself a vegetarian. But then again as long as my mother is alive, I wont.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 (remake)

I decided to rewrite this in the same theme because, well yesterday I celebrated the birthday of my two cats Alice and Catherine Some people may say its weird. A lot would assume that it’s not a big deal. When I was younger, things like this may not have mattered. But then today it’s a different story.

Days 14

Less than a year to go before the presidential elections and he media has started a coverage frenzy on who would be the potential candidates. When I was younger I feel so hyped out whenever this period happens and even though I am too young to vote, I was still excited. Now, more than three elections later, times have changed, I have witnessed a lot of those politicians say their piece, have their chance in the limelight, be suddenly forgotten, eat their words, join a former rival group, the works. I've somehow develped an apathy towards them. Like no matter who the politicians would be, it would not make a difference. They are all one and the same. They would cheat, change sides, do some shameless advertising, all for he sake of a win. All for the sake of money. I've seen them unravel their true sides. The ones you thought were heroes were just as controversial as the villain they were trying to fight. It was all a matter of perspective. The oned who reveal the information to ...

Days 16

You may have one of those things in your past. When you were young and you thought that you are free to do anything in the world. When you felt like every moment should be seized and every dream should be fulfilled. These days it can easily be described as YOLO. You know, you only live once. But then one day you wake up all grown up and have taken a few responsibilites here and there, with the wisdom enough to do better than use Yolo as an excuse. And then, on one fateful day you see the remnants of what you did in the past and just have a look of disbelief and suddenly ask yourself what really made you do it in the first place. You know, the after effects of those wild things you did when you were young and free. I happened to have that same experience today, and it was equally shocking as the last time I had it. Still, many people can consider me a late bloomer. I was right in that. In my student days, I studied like my life depended on it and literally had no time to dawdle around o...