Skip to main content

Days 12

I came home late from an intercessory seminar so I will just make it quick. I am an intercessor. Not a lot of people know this, that I recently joined a ministry specifically made for people who want to pray for the needs of others, and I'd like to keep it that way. The feeling of being an unknown superhero is a bit enticing for some reason.

It was not my intention to be an intercessor at first. I was not even familiar that there was such a ministry since they are hidden within the community. When I was thinking of serving The Lord, I was thinking of being an usher or a part of a choir, or probably do some admin stuff. Those things I must admit are things that I am not so good at. For one, I am a bit of a shy introvert and my voice is not so special, and probably is still a bit out of tune on particularly high note. I wouldnt even mention my admin skills, only that I have lost quite a number of documents during my time as an auditor.

Getting to know the hidden ministry was a bit of an accident, when you thhink about it. I happen to just get lost in a sea of people during the ministry fair and it just so happened that I bumped into someone, who told me that I should join the intercessory ministry all while handing me a flyer. That was the only conversation we had during that time, but then I was genuinely interested and was considering that, if I really could not find myself on those othe ministries, then I might as well join in a group where I know would be something I had been doing even as a child. Being a student in a Catholic school has its perks. I excel in memorized prayers.

Things didnt come so easy as there were times that I felt lazy or uninformed. There were even times when I felt unworthy and felt like quittting. But I've always felt happy and satisfied whenever I finish praying. This time is not different. I am so thankful that, a sinner that I am, God still allows me to become his intercessor. He still gives me ways to have a deeper prayer relationship with him, and provide me with new, stronger weapons for his worship. Still, with this comes a greater responsibility and even a greater amount of humility. And with this I feel like I need to commit myself and seek him more. But anyway, despite all of this, I am happy and times like this I love him even more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 (remake)

I decided to rewrite this in the same theme because, well yesterday I celebrated the birthday of my two cats Alice and Catherine Some people may say its weird. A lot would assume that it’s not a big deal. When I was younger, things like this may not have mattered. But then today it’s a different story.

Days 14

Less than a year to go before the presidential elections and he media has started a coverage frenzy on who would be the potential candidates. When I was younger I feel so hyped out whenever this period happens and even though I am too young to vote, I was still excited. Now, more than three elections later, times have changed, I have witnessed a lot of those politicians say their piece, have their chance in the limelight, be suddenly forgotten, eat their words, join a former rival group, the works. I've somehow develped an apathy towards them. Like no matter who the politicians would be, it would not make a difference. They are all one and the same. They would cheat, change sides, do some shameless advertising, all for he sake of a win. All for the sake of money. I've seen them unravel their true sides. The ones you thought were heroes were just as controversial as the villain they were trying to fight. It was all a matter of perspective. The oned who reveal the information to ...

Days 16

You may have one of those things in your past. When you were young and you thought that you are free to do anything in the world. When you felt like every moment should be seized and every dream should be fulfilled. These days it can easily be described as YOLO. You know, you only live once. But then one day you wake up all grown up and have taken a few responsibilites here and there, with the wisdom enough to do better than use Yolo as an excuse. And then, on one fateful day you see the remnants of what you did in the past and just have a look of disbelief and suddenly ask yourself what really made you do it in the first place. You know, the after effects of those wild things you did when you were young and free. I happened to have that same experience today, and it was equally shocking as the last time I had it. Still, many people can consider me a late bloomer. I was right in that. In my student days, I studied like my life depended on it and literally had no time to dawdle around o...