Skip to main content

Days 16

You may have one of those things in your past. When you were young and you thought that you are free to do anything in the world. When you felt like every moment should be seized and every dream should be fulfilled. These days it can easily be described as YOLO. You know, you only live once.

But then one day you wake up all grown up and have taken a few responsibilites here and there, with the wisdom enough to do better than use Yolo as an excuse. And then, on one fateful day you see the remnants of what you did in the past and just have a look of disbelief and suddenly ask yourself what really made you do it in the first place. You know, the after effects of those wild things you did when you were young and free. I happened to have that same experience today, and it was equally shocking as the last time I had it.

Still, many people can consider me a late bloomer. I was right in that. In my student days, I studied like my life depended on it and literally had no time to dawdle around or have a social life. It didnt help that I was studying in a state school with a course that I barely understood. Those days I worked like hell nad prayed like an angel, so around that time I never even had the chance to do silly things.

But come the time when I graduated, passed the board and finally had a job away from home. Finally I am free, and that was the only time I realized that I can already do the things that I was deprived from. You can imagine someone being in prison for twenty years or so and finally experiencing the freedom to do anything you want. I hardly had any responsibilities back then. All the money I earn I spend on myself. So you can just imagine how wild and crazy i was at that time. Sometimes, I get painfully reminded of it by my friends, who can still remember those times. But these days I have little to no contact to those friends who knew my wild side, and for all I know the people who are around me most of the time presently think that I am a silent reserved shy girl that had nothing to do with wildness and had since the beginning of time followed the rules and no one would really connect me to the girl I was before. That was all for the good of my career, and my life. It was a hard five years or so but I finally made the reputation of a safe person. 

But still there were times when your past actions would creep out to the very corners of where you last hid it, and it will catch you by surprise. This time I saw the very young writings I had when I was young and wildly in love. Of course this was the second time I fell in love but then the things I did for that love was so embarrassing that I could not even write it here without having to rethink of the consequences again. So yeah, that happened. But this time, I find myself too different from my past that I just smille with wisdom and wonder if I would be able to go back to time and meet my past self. I would want to pat her on the back and tell her that everything will be all right. No use worrying about such trivial things. And maybe thank her. Because without those mistakes I wouldnt have gathered all these wisdom in the first place and have these happy memories without any regrets

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 (remake)

I decided to rewrite this in the same theme because, well yesterday I celebrated the birthday of my two cats Alice and Catherine Some people may say its weird. A lot would assume that it’s not a big deal. When I was younger, things like this may not have mattered. But then today it’s a different story.

Days 10

I wonder what to talk about next. Maybe we might as well talk about the most talked about topic these days, that is - the west valley fault. The timing was too perfect for panic. Nepal just got hit by two more than 8 magnitude earthquakes and the Bohol quake was still fresh in everyone's minds. It was no surprise when people started getting scared or hyped up and panicky over the internet. Some people even went out of their way to rally other people from social media to pray for the philippines this early on. There were some people who thought that what we were panicking about already happened and was already on a verge of prayer ralllies and if not for the correction of information they would have proceeded on to create a fund raiser or something. In the midst of this, I am quite thankful that the information was so quick in dissemination that by this time a lot more people were informed and were clear about what to do. In just one day, maps showing the fault lines were already av...

Days 4

I absolutely have no idea what to write about this time. Yeah, someday I might come up with a better excuse but today is simply not the day. At the top of my mind, there are two things I really want to talk about. The first is about anime and the other is about network marketing. These two subjects I am equally passionate about, only for different purposes and reasons. I will talk about network marketing for now, because I have a lot of things to think about when it comes to anime. But when it comes to network marketing, well, the one thing that instantly comes to my mind is “No”. This does not mean I am negative or close minded. I am open to hear any kind of opportunity. I guess I could not properly explain myself unless I tell what I experienced about it.