Skip to main content

Days 15

We're halfway there! In honor of the halfway there mark, I would like to talk about my 5 year job as an auditor. The song was something memorables it marks the halfway mark of our struggles as an auditor. It was like a relief for everyone around. Too much stress from overwork, filing problems, month long all nighters weigh down on anyone so fast that there comes a time when you dont care anymore.You just want it to end. For five years I have experienced that, and I know the feeling. There were times when I have cried too much and no longer feel anything anymore, and just keep doing whatever is needed in order for the job, or in my case jobs, to be over. Because thankfully, the filing date will happen no matter what happens anyway, and win or lose, I can still finally sleep.

Still, having a song now and then isnt so bad and in fact I think most of the time it's what keeps me going. I remember, during the audit season, when the bosses are away and we are still in the office at the dead of the night, and we come to a point where we can no longer think productively but is still required to finish the job because there's a meeting due tomorrow, we would call it quits and just turn the whole office into a band practice, take out the guitars stashed in the corner of the room and print out chords for us to play. We sing, we laugh, we enjoy the moment together, we relax. Afterwards we finish our break and muster all the remaining strength in us to finish the job that we need.

Even today, I cant imagine just how desperate I am to do what I can as an auditor. All of a sudden, it doesnt make sense. But what did make sense is this -- that we somehow were able to make it. And at this point I realize that all of this wouldnt have been possible if it was just me. In fact, at times when I thought things were already hopeless, there would be something that would happen, even just a slight change, that would allow me even a few more hours to try again. Then there would suddenly be friends who would gladly help, and a law/provision that we can use to piush the deadline even more. Even now, I am thankful to my friends, my groupmates, my boss, my clients, but more than anything, I thank God.

I still feel happy when I hear the halfway there song. It keeps me at ease, and I remember to thank God for helping me make the impossible possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 (remake)

I decided to rewrite this in the same theme because, well yesterday I celebrated the birthday of my two cats Alice and Catherine Some people may say its weird. A lot would assume that it’s not a big deal. When I was younger, things like this may not have mattered. But then today it’s a different story.

Days 14

Less than a year to go before the presidential elections and he media has started a coverage frenzy on who would be the potential candidates. When I was younger I feel so hyped out whenever this period happens and even though I am too young to vote, I was still excited. Now, more than three elections later, times have changed, I have witnessed a lot of those politicians say their piece, have their chance in the limelight, be suddenly forgotten, eat their words, join a former rival group, the works. I've somehow develped an apathy towards them. Like no matter who the politicians would be, it would not make a difference. They are all one and the same. They would cheat, change sides, do some shameless advertising, all for he sake of a win. All for the sake of money. I've seen them unravel their true sides. The ones you thought were heroes were just as controversial as the villain they were trying to fight. It was all a matter of perspective. The oned who reveal the information to ...

Days 16

You may have one of those things in your past. When you were young and you thought that you are free to do anything in the world. When you felt like every moment should be seized and every dream should be fulfilled. These days it can easily be described as YOLO. You know, you only live once. But then one day you wake up all grown up and have taken a few responsibilites here and there, with the wisdom enough to do better than use Yolo as an excuse. And then, on one fateful day you see the remnants of what you did in the past and just have a look of disbelief and suddenly ask yourself what really made you do it in the first place. You know, the after effects of those wild things you did when you were young and free. I happened to have that same experience today, and it was equally shocking as the last time I had it. Still, many people can consider me a late bloomer. I was right in that. In my student days, I studied like my life depended on it and literally had no time to dawdle around o...